Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Top Five Bands You Haven't Seen

Remember this post? Well, I've seen my number one band, (and saw one of my previous honorable mentions) and I've decided to revamp my list.


Honorable mentions:
Death Cab and Sufjan Stevens has fallen to the honorable mentions list. Its not that I don't want to see them, its just a few bands have leap frogged ahead of them. Band of Horses, Ryan Adams, and Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds have all joined the honorable mention list.



5. Calexico- These guys have officially jumped from honorable mentions list to my number five spot. Their new record is great and I really want to see them.




4. The Black Keys- This duo has jumped into my number four spot because of an amazing live DVD that SellyMiah got me.



3. The Hold Steady- Also a new band to my list, The Hold Steady have jumped to high spot on the list with a fourth album that is unbelievably good and an infamous live show. (Check out that double neck SG... so sweet.)



2. Bob Dylan- The legend has moved up two spots.




1. Allison Krause/Robert Plant- Being as I've now seen Radiohead, my favorite lead singer in an awesome project with Krause has officially become my number one.



Did your list change? Didn't make a list in the first place? Either way, leave you lists in the comments.

1 comment:

andrewGoodwin said...

In '08 I finally saw Radiohead and Jimmy Eat World. Don't understand how I'd never seen JEW until '08, but I'm super stoked I did. Rather than top five I want to see, I will list the ones I'm planning on seeing this year.

1) Jimmy Eat World - Clarity Tour - this is going to be nothing short of AMAZING!

2) The Flaming Lips - McDowell Music Festival - I was planning on traveling afar to see these guys this year, but as it turns out I've had a stroke of luck:)

3) Micheal Franti and Spearhead - They are head lining the night before the Flaming Lips

4) Atomosphere, Murs, and tons of others - Paid Dues Festival - This is also in March, but it's not a far drive and it is 40 bucks and surely worth it.

5) The National - where ever - Sadly I missed them at Lolla this year because I was sleeping or drinking, or both.

6) David Bazan - Probably CA - He has a new CD coming out soon, and I assume a tour to follow. This is one of the shows that I live for.

7) Lupe Fiasco - Some festival - After seeing him it at Lolla I really want to see him again; Brilliant!