Sunday, December 30, 2007

Fixed Gear


I really want a fixed gear bike (yes, I just bought a bike like 6 months ago, my wife reminds me of that all the time). I'm not sure why I want one; I guess if I was honest, I simply think they are cool. There is nothing wrong with my 27 speed road bike and I intend to keep it if I get a fixie (I do want to get into some serious road biking, and I will need a road bike that shifts in order to do that).

Anyways, I did a google search just for fun and found this article. This is my favorite line: "Because riders can't stand up in the saddle to coast, long rides can result in reduced blood flow to the reproductive organs, which studies suggest may lead to impotence." Don't tell Carrie, she really wants kids and I'll never get a fixed gear if she thinks it'll reduce my count!

Also, this might be a little of the top (pun intended).

3 comments:

bpddjeoomon said...

Those swing/swivel bikes are insane. I don't even understand how people ride them.

Samuel Isaac Richard said...

That was an amazing article. I promise I won't tell your wife. But she has no idea who I am anyway. Except for some guy who gets a kick (pun intended) out of crazy kangaroo videos.

Anonymous said...

You should get a fixie,

They are trendy and awesome.