Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Wednesday Morning Watch/Read/Listen

OK, its been a while since I posted. I completely miss last week's watch/read/listen... I've actually been very busy...um, teaching? Does that sound convincing?

Anyways, I have a lot I am going to write about in the next few days: defense of my top 5 rough draft, completion of my top 5, a Bible passage I came across and its impact on me, and more, so stay tuned.

For now, I present you with my Wednesday Morning Watch/Read/Listen. Leave your opinions about how I am an illiterate, TV watching junkie who has bad musical taste in the comments.

Watch: Our TiVo is effed up and I am pissed. In the mean time I am planning on seeing August Rush (Carrie loves these types of movies, and I love the little kid who is in it... he was also in a really good film called Millions) and Lars and the Real Girl-- I am really excited to see this movie. On Tuesday, Carrie and I and some of our friends are going to see it together and then have dinner after. It should be nice to spend time with them and discuss a film... I'm looking forward to it.

Listen: The Decemberists "Picturesque" I am way behind the times, I know, but geez is this a good record. I have listen to it all the way through three times in two days and I really, really like it. I love the fact that each song is like a story, complete with characters and settings and whatnot. The music feels like a soundtrack to the story that is begin told. It is such a beautifully artistic take on songwriting, I love it. In fact, I went on iTunes today and bought their newest record, "The Crane Wife." I was excited about the purchase until I noticed that my local library had it available for check out, geeerrrrr!



Read: Larry King "Me and My Dad" OK, so its not like I love Larry King or anything. As a matter of fact, I am extremely indifferent toward him. I am reading this book simply because I did a search on Ira Glass (based on Trevor's recommendation, and the fact that I love Ira) in my local library's search engine, and this book came up. I ordered it without even knowing that Larry King edited it. The book features short stories about famous people's relationship with their fathers (Ira wrote a story, which is why this book came up in the search). It is a pretty good read and it got me thinking alot about my father. I am planing on writing a little piece on him shorty, so stay tuned.

That's all.

3 comments:

Adam W said...

"The Crane Wife" is tremendous. One of my favorites of the year. Read the background of it on Wikipedia before listening, it'll change the way you hear it.

Also, your Dad is awesome. I can't wait to read your story about him.

Ron GP said...

Hey man...

FYI- the kid from august rush isn't the same kid from millions. He IS however, the same kid from charlie and the chocolate factory & finding neverland.

Erin and I saw August Rush a few weeks ago...might be worth waiting for mcmenamins....

Peace holmes....

bpddjeoomon said...

Lars and the Real Girl is super good.