
Watch: Carrie and I rented "The Year of the Dog" and let me say that it was really good. Now before you run out and rent it, you need to understand that the previews for the movie (which I thought looked really funny) don't really portray what type of movie it is. Rather than a romantic comedy set around the death of Peggy's (Molly Shannon, who is great in the movie) dog, it is more of a character piece about a middle aged woman dealing with grief and the search for happiness in life. After the death of her one piece of security, her beloved dog Pencil, Peggy begins to search for what will make her happy in life. She begins to look towards others in her life. Her family (her brother and sister in law find happiness in raising their children perfectly and material wealth), her girlfriend (who desperately wants an engagement ring to feel secure in her relationship), her boss (who thinks happiness is a promotion), and her neighbor (who loves hunting and the "trophies" that go with it) all leave her empty and searching for more. This movie is worth the rent.

Read: I have been slacking on the reading part because I have been playing a lot of online poker, so I am taking a hiatus from poker for a while so that I can spend a little more time reading and a lot more time with my wife. I am excited about some finds that I got at Goodwill last week. I'm looking forward to diving into them. They include: "Catcher in the Rye" (can't wait to re-read this book!), "The Martian Chronicles" (love Bradbury), and Hornby edited "Speaking With Angels." I am excited to get back into reading some. I also am going to read the new McLaren book once Ron is done with it (can I borrow it buddy?)

Listen: Music has been treating me really good lately. It is so nice to have a lot of good music to be into. I feel as though I am back to really enjoying music and having it around me at all times. I've talked about it before, but touring really made me jaded to music in general and it has taken a really, really long time for music to fall in love with music again. But, I feel as though I finally have, and it feels great. There is so much that I am into right now that it is hard for me to talk about just on artist. But, in the interest of time (this post is getting long) I will.
The artist I have been most into this week has been Band of Horses. This is one of those bands that every told me about (especially Nate) but I never gave a chance to. I am so stoked that Kevo flashed me over this band. They are really good and thoughtful and inspiring. I am probably going to hook up the new record soon, any one heard it?


1 comment:
I definitely have both Band of Horses albums, and i like both a lot. Glad you're back into music, we've missed you. How is the hiphop experiment going? You need to get uTorrent and start stealing music like the rest of us...
Post a Comment