I spoke with Ron briefly on Monday regarding my most recent post. He said that my previous post sorta made it sound as if I was against the bailout plan. Let me make it clear: I am not against it. To be sure, we HAVE to do something, and something fast, to help boost our plugging economy.
My point in the last post is twofold: 1.) we are bailing out crooks and money grubbing a-holes. These people that did this should be held accountable for their actions. If we simply give them a blank check with no accountability, we will surly be in this situation again. 2.) G. W. and McCain are politically posturing to make themselves look better. They are trying to pretend that they care for the average, hard working Joe on main street by trying to fix the economy. This is simply not the case. They care about their (and their friend's) bottom line. Point in case: these two, who were once hardcore "free market" champions are now trying to have the government regulate the market... simply to make themselves look good. You can't have it both ways guys.
Also, one last point for now: I have heard that Republicans are blaming Pelosi's speech as the reason many Republicans voted against the bill. They claim it was her "politically pandering" that cost the bill the key votes it needed to pass. However, I ask you, who is do the pandering if they vote no on a bill (that apparently they would have voted yes on) simply because of speech given?
Novel 4!
-
Desert Divide is live and out in the world! What a great week it has been.
The book was published Monday. Since, I’ve confirmed one book signing in
August,...
4 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment