Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wow, Just Wow

Every wonder why I have a hard time calling myself a Christian? This is why. This article is the epitome of why I hesitate when people ask me if I'm a Christian. I really don't know how to answer them.

My blood is boiling right now. I am so angry I can't even take it.

I wont write a huge response to this article, but I do want to respond to one part in particular. The author quotes Proverbs saying that the Lord hates "...Hands that shed innocent blood." She fails to realize that the candidates she supports (McCain/Palin) also support policies that shed innocent blood. An endless war that was started over lies, the death penalty, the lack of support for those in poverty... don't those count as shedding innocent blood??!!??

Anyways, just to sick it to this chick, I'd like to point out that six of us (me, my wife, Ron, Erin, Cole, & Amy) met last night over dinner and beers (oh my gosh!) to discuss who and what we were voting for. We talked (and disagreed some) about the many Oregon ballot measures, the local, state, and national candidates. We had differing views on many of these; but one we all agreed on was who we were voting for President. And guess what, while we all are "Christians," we all voted for Obama. So there.



2 comments:

Samuel Isaac Richard said...

Totally jealous that I couldn't be there with you to share a few beers and political thoughts...

Say "hi" to the Bend Crew for me.

Anonymous said...

That article is terrifying. Although not altogether shocking. Fundamentalists scare the shit out of me.

Well played!