Saturday, October 18, 2008

Political Artists


I've been listening to One Day as a Lion, which is Zack da la Rocha (ex-Rage) and Jon Thedore's (ex Mars Volta) new project quite a bit over the past few days. More to come on the EP in the future. But right now, I want to share this video I just watched which is an interview of Serj (from System of a Down) and Tom Morello (ex-Rage) by Hardcore Hank (Henry Rollins).

My favorite line comes from the 2nd part of the interview when Rollins asks Tom what its like for Rage to reunite during this administration. Rollins states: "Like, this is the perfect band for right now." (I agree by the way, and am pissed that Rage hasn't been around the past 8 years to shed light to a huge crowd about the injustice that has been happening.)

Morello's response is great: "The funny thing is that Rage Against the Machine was all wound up about the Clinton administration. Like we were pissed." Ha ha, that's funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. They didn't know how good we had it, did they?