It hasn't gotten a ton of media converge (because the main stream media is a piece of sh!t), but I thought I point out a pretty interesting story (I heard on Democracy Now!) about a Georgia man who is most likely going to be put to death by the government. Allegedly, he killed an off duty police officer in 1991, but he claims he is innocent and many of the "eye-witnesses" of the crime have since retracted their testimony.
I'm not going to pretend to have any insight on the case. Obviously, I have no idea whether or not this man committed the crime. But I do believe strongly that the death penalty should never be an option. And you know what, most "modernized" cultures are way passed the US on abolishing it. Take a look at this map to see the company the US is keeping by continuing the use the death penalty as a legal form of punishment.
I find it odd that most proponents for the death penalty continue to be conservatives. These same conservatives who continually argue for smaller and less involved government. They don't want the government regulating their guns or the market, but somehow that same government can be trusted with the issue of people's life or death. It just doesn't add up.
"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"
Mahatma Ghandi
Novel 4!
-
Desert Divide is live and out in the world! What a great week it has been.
The book was published Monday. Since, I’ve confirmed one book signing in
August,...
4 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment