Monday, October 20, 2008

Powell's Endrosment is [Apparently] Based on Race

Some right wingers, who are no doubt pissed by Colin Powell's decision to support Obama, have suggested that his support of Obama based on the color of his skin.

Rush Limbaugh said: "Secretary Powell says his endorsement is not about race... OK, fine. I am now researching his past endorsements to see if I can find all the inexperienced, very liberal, white candidates he has endorsed. I'll let you know what I come up with."

Pat Buchanan said: "Alright, we gotta ask a question, look would Colin Powell be endorsing Obama if he were a white liberal Democrat..."

I mean, come on. Here is a guy (who most conservatives love) who has a decorated military career, has served as Security Advisor, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the Secretary of State, and these guys think he bases his endorsements on the color of someones skin?!!? Really? It just goes to show how shallow, idiotic, and desperate these men truly are.

1 comment:

shells said...

its entirely ridiculous...if you watch the interview he gives many very legitimate reasons why he has made the decision he has made. once again i see too much pride coming from that side and not enough respect and maturity.